We’re hiring! We are currently seeking a Development and Communications Associate. This is a great opportunity for someone with the passion and capabilities to support a full range of fundraising efforts, from planning through implementation as well as support the communications activities of one of the nation’s first child advocacy organizations.
The Development & Communications Associate (The Associate) will report to the Director of Development and Communications and occasionally work collaboratively with other Directors. The Associate is responsible for supporting, coordinating and assisting in a number of development areas, including:
- Fundraising activities, including managing the donor database to ensure timely and accurate entry and acknowledgement of donations, event attendance & donor prospect and data analysis.
- Correspondence with donors, including thank you letters and Annual Appeal mailings.
- Assisting with planning, organization & delivery of our fundraising events, with a primary emphasis on communications support, like promotional materials, publicity, presentations, speeches, program book & sponsor ads, posters, audio-visual support.
- Designing campaign themes and messaging for fundraising appeals, including event website pages and simple graphic design.
The Associate also supports the organization’s communication efforts, including but not limited to:
- Developing communications and content strategy & calendar for engaging supporters and donors. Managing general communications, including: email communications and electronic newsletters, posting content to the website, website updates, blog posts & social media posts, and occasional press releases.
- Work collaboratively with all staff to capture and report news about MAC’s work and also our client success stories.
- Creation of marketing materials & presentations — flyers, annual report, brochure, invitations, videos, slideshows as needed, occasionally overseeing outside designers.
- Support for legislative advocacy campaigns using our advocacy software (Salsa).
Education/Experience: Minimum Bachelors degree or equivalent, 2+ years experience in an office setting, non-profit experience a plus. Experience in events, fundraising, CRM & event management and technology-based platforms such website and social media are preferred, but recent grads with demonstrated interests and abilities will be considered.
Knowledge/Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills, writing for targeted audiences a plus • Excellent organizational skills, initiative, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks. • Able and willing to interact with all levels of staff, donors, volunteers and vendors in a professional manner. • A strong comfort level and ability to troubleshoot computer software • Accurate database skills required to maintain fundraising records & basic data analysis. • Basic graphic design and page layout background preferred (MS Office, Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop), Apple Pages, etc.) • Working knowledge and understanding of basic web design (WordPress), email marketing (Mailchimp), and social media platforms required. Experience with HTML, advocacy software (Salsa or equivalent) and event software (GreaterGiving or similar) a plus• Willingness to work flexible hours periodically.• Commitment to the mission and work of MAC, knowledge of disability and racial justice issues a plus.
Hours/Salary/Benefits: Hours: Full-time position, flexible schedule with some nights & weekends necessary for events. Competitive salary and benefits.
To Apply: Please email your resume, cover letter, and two professional references to Carol Savage, Development Director, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline extended: March 3, 2017.
MASSACHUSETTS ADVOCATES FOR CHILDREN IS COMMITTED TO CREATING A DIVERSE WORK ENVIRONMENT AND IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER