We’re hiring! We are currently seeking an Office Manager at MAC’s 25 Kingston St. location in Boston’s Downtown Crossing. This is a great opportunity for someone with the skills and interest in helping a non-profit child advocacy organization function smoothly so that its staff can make a difference in the lives of children and families in Massachusetts.
The Office Manager will report to the Executive Director but will work with all employees and volunteers located at MAC’s main office and at one off-site location in Cambridge. The Office Manager will be responsible for the following functional areas and tasks:
- Serve as receptionist and welcome visitors.
- Manage office systems, including office supplies and procurement.
- Develop and execute a multi-step system for filling orders for MAC publications, including a strong customer service component.
- Oversee office management volunteers or hourly staff who assist as needed.
- Update and utilize organization-wide databases, prepare mailings.
- Provide administrative support on a limited basis to executive director and other staff.
- Maintain organization records via electronic and paper filing system, including archive files.
- Handle insurance policy renewals and other contracts.
- Interface with all vendors.
- Provide basic technical and computer support to staff.
- Manage relationship with IT and phone consultants.
- Manage phone equipment (setting up mailboxes, administering the mailboxes, etc.) and network copier/printer
- Prepare payroll, process checks, maintain financial filing system, monitor bill payments.
- Provide monthly financial reports to Executive Director and Financial Administrator.
- Handle invoicing, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Process payment requests and expense forms, timesheet information, records management
- Prepare documents for Audit
- Other duties, as required
Education/Experience: Minimum high school or associate’s degree or equivalent, 3+ years of experience in an office setting, non-profit experience a plus.
- Proven experience as an office manager or administrative assistant
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Knowledge of bookkeeping accounting and proficiency in QuickBooks required.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, Power Point) required, as well as experience with Access or CRM (donor management) database; Apple computer experience a plus.
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines, printers, telephones, basic computer connection, including A/V projectors)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, accurate data-entry skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills, initiative, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to interact with all levels of staff, vendors and volunteers.
- Able to handle confidential information with high level of discretion and professionalism.
- Commitment to the mission and work of MAC a plus.
- Bi-lingual proficiency preferred.
Hours/Salary/Benefits: Hours: Full-time position, competitive salary and benefits.
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to Tania Duarte firstname.lastname@example.org or send in mail to MAC, 25 Kingston St., #2F, Boston, MA 02111. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so please respond promptly.
About Massachusetts Advocates for Children (MAC) For nearly 50 years, MAC has been a voice for children who face barriers to educational opportunity. Founded in 1969, MAC was one of the first child advocacy organizations in the nation, helping to support equal access to education for children, regardless of disability, race, ethnicity, language or income. MAC serves children throughout Massachusetts, running a free statewide helpline, conducting individual case advocacy, and also advocating for statewide laws and policies that protect the rights of children to equal educational and life opportunities. Our offices are located in downtown Boston, one block from Downtown Crossing subway station and walking distance to South Station.
MASSACHUSETTS ADVOCATES FOR CHILDREN IS COMMITTED TO CREATING A DIVERSE WORK ENVIRONMENT AND IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted March 21, 2017