Massachusetts Advocates for Children
Communications & Development Intern
Massachusetts Advocates for Children’s (MAC’s) mission is to be an independent and effective voice for children who face significant barriers to equal educational and life opportunities. MAC works to overcome these barriers by changing conditions for many children while also helping one child at a time.
MAC is seeking a Communications and Development Intern to assist the Communications Manager in advancing our mission through communicating our various messages. This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable nonprofit experience working for a cause-driven organization in the heart of downtown Boston.
Minimum three days per week, unpaid. Schedule is flexible.
Specific responsibilities dependent on intern’s availability and interests.
- Annual Report
- Assist with designing, editing, and compiling information for the annual report
- Photography & Videography
- Take photos and/or videos of MAC staff and volunteers working with clients in the office or community
- Edit existing MAC videos and upload to website
- Maintain organized database of client photos and videos
- Website & Social Media
- Collaborate with senior staff to update information on website and improve design for ease of use
- Assist with creating content for Facebook and Twitter posts and developing social media strategy
- Draft blog posts and assist with post schedule and uploading
- Development Support
- Assist with coordinating monthly thank you mailings and donor follow-up
- Assist with transition to new donor database (Salsa CRM): data entry, data cleanup, and updating donor records
- Strong interest in the mission and work of MAC
- Self-driven with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent written communications skills
- Working knowledge of or strong willingness to learn basic web design (WordPress), graphic design (InDesign, Photoshop), and CRM softwares (Salsa)
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please email resume and cover letter to Pam McGrail, Office Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications & Development Intern – Your Name” in the subject line.