The Autism Center has authored the following resources, available in PDF form.
- Autism Eligibility Fact Sheet (English) (Spanish)
- Tips for Parents (English) (Spanish)
- DSM 5 Fact Sheet
- DESE DSM-5 Advisory
- Autism Brochure (English) (Spanish) (French)
- Tips For Professionals
Autism Waiver Resources:
- The opportunity to apply for the autism waiver through an open request period will be held from October 17 – 31, 2019. Please click here for more information.
Autism Omnibus Law:
The law requires that MassHealth cover medically necessary treatments for children with ASD who are under 21 years old – including ABA therapies as well as dedicated and non-dedicated AAC devices; the following are resources with additional information:
- MassHealth ABA Questions & Answers
- MassHealth AAC Questions & Answers
- MassHealth en español Preguntas y Respuestas para ABA
- NUEVO! MassHealth en español Preguntas y Respuestas para AAC
- New England Index ABA providers list
Autism IEP Law:
AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication) Resources:
- An Act to Improve Teacher Training in Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- DESE Guidance
- AAC Resources
- DESE Regulations – 603 CMR 7.00
- DESE Guidelines for the Preparation of Teachers of Moderate and Severe Disabilities: Instruction on the appropriate use of augmentative and alternative communication and other assistive technologies
- Your rights regarding assistive technology and devices (including augmentative and alternative communication) under federal special education law.
Below are suggestions for organizations that may provide additional resources for families who have children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Aspergers Association of New England AANE
- Autism Speaks
- The Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism Inc
- The Autism Consortium
- Autism Alliance of Metrowest
- Autism Resource Center of Central MA
- Children Making Strides
- Community Autism Resources, Inc.
- TILL’s Autism Support Center
- Arc Mass
- Lurie Family Autism Center
- Nantucket Autism Resource Center
- Autism Resource Center – Northeast ARC