Massachusetts Advocates for Children
Data Entry Intern
Massachusetts Advocates for Children’s (MAC’s) mission is to be an independent and effective voice for children who face significant barriers to equal educational and life opportunities., particularly those who have disabilities, are low income, and/or are racially, culturally, or linguistically diverse. MAC works to overcome these barriers by changing conditions for many children while also helping one child at a time.
MAC is seeking a Data Entry Intern to provide critical organizational support that will allow us to streamline our development activities and strategize donor communications to effectively advance our mission and advocacy. This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable nonprofit experience working for a cause-driven organization in the heart of downtown Boston.
The Data Entry Intern will report directly to the Communications Manager.
Minimum three days per week, unpaid. Schedule is flexible.
- Consolidate donor and supporter data from multiple databases
- Prepare data for import into new database
- Review errors in data and notify supervisor of issues
- Assist with import of data and implementation of new donor tracking system
- Assist with regular donor and supporter mailings
- Assist with preparation for annual event as needed
- Strong interest in the mission and work of MAC
- Self-driven with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong comfort with Microsoft Office suite
- Working knowledge of or strong willingness to learn CRM software (Access, Salsa, MailChimp)
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please email resume and cover letter to Pam McGrail, Office Manager, at email@example.com with “Data Entry Intern – Your Name” in the subject line.
MASSACHUSETTS ADVOCATES FOR CHILDREN IS COMMITTED TO CREATING A DIVERSE WORK ENVIRONMENT AND IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER