Looking to gain experience in event planning?
This is a chance to gain some marketable skills and make a difference. Since 1969, Massachusetts Advocates for Children (MAC) has been advocating for children who face barriers to educational opportunity. MAC is seeking an Event Planning Intern who will assist with managing our Development/Fundraising events. This is an unpaid position that will enable the intern to gain real world experience with aspects of event planning, from design to execution.
You will learn how to develop and manage a plan for coordinating event logistics, as well as assist with our ongoing Communications. Depending upon where we are in the event cycle, you will have an opportunity to have hands on experience with aspects of event management. This includes event venue selection and management, assisting with event committee engagement and outreach to sponsors, theme development & execution, coordination with event suppliers, design & implementation of event communications ranging from social media to program book development, event entertainment, auction management, and website updates. Timing of the internship will be a fixed duration contingent on the intern’s schedule and needs.
- Demonstrated skills and interests in communications, time management, writing, attention to detail. We’re looking for a creative individual, with a passion for our mission. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills required. Position may require some cold calling.
- Enthusiasm to learn about event planning for a mission-driven organization.
- Must be well versed in Microsoft Office
- Pluses: Familiarity with MailChimp and WordPress
- Please provide two references.
Please submit a resume and cover letter by email to: email@example.com. Be sure to put “Event Planning Internship Application” in the subject line.
MAC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.