Massachusetts Advocates for Children
We’re hiring! We are currently seeking an Office Manager at MAC’s 25 Kingston St. location in Boston’s Downtown Crossing. This is a great opportunity for someone with the skills and interest in helping a non-profit child advocacy organization function smoothly so that its staff can make a difference in the lives of children and families in Massachusetts.
The Office Manager will report to the Executive Director but will work with all employees and volunteers located at MAC’s main office and at one off-site location in Cambridge. The Office Manager will be responsible for the following functional areas and tasks:
- Serve as receptionist and welcome visitors. Distribute mail.
- Manage office systems, including office supplies and procurement, and enforce procedures
- Update and utilize organization-wide databases, prepare mailings, in coordination with development/communications office.
- Provide executive support including accounting reports and grant application preparation
- Provide administrative support on a limited basis to other staff.
- Maintain organization records via electronic and paper filing system, including archive files
- Handle insurance policy renewals and other contracts
- Interface with all vendors
- Provide logistical support for annual event and for quarterly board meetings
- Manage all aspects of book orders, including billing, invoicing and shipping.
- Provide basic technical and computer support to staff; coordinate with IT consultants
- Manage relationship with IT and phone consultants
- Manage phone equipment (setting up mailboxes, administering the mailboxes, etc.) and network copier/printer
- Prepare bi-monthly payroll, process checks, maintain financial filing system
- Provide monthly financial reports to Executive Director and Financial Administrator
- Handle invoicing, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Process staff payment requests and expense forms, timesheet information, changes to employee benefits, staff hiring and termination, records management
- Prepare documents for Audit
- Coordinate with 401k and payroll providers
- Record donations and pledges in data base and QuickBooks accounting software
- Monitor cash flow
Other duties, as required
Education/Experience: Minimum high school or associate’s degree or equivalent, 3+ years of experience in an office setting, non-profit experience a plus.
- Proven experience as an office manager or administrative assistant
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Knowledge of bookkeeping accounting and QuickBooks required.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) required, as well as experience with Access or CRM (donor management) database; Apple computer experience a plus.
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. printers, telephones, basic computer connection, including A/V projectors)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, accurate data-entry skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills, initiative, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to interact with all levels of staff, vendors and volunteers.
- Able to handle confidential information with high level of discretion and professionalism.
- Commitment to the mission and work of MAC a plus.
- Bi-lingual proficiency preferred.
Hours/Salary/Benefits: Hours: Full-time position, competitive salary and benefits.
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to Johanne Pino, email@example.com or send in mail to MAC, 25 Kingston St., #2F, Boston, MA 02111. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so please respond promptly.
About Massachusetts Advocates for Children (MAC) For 50 years, MAC has been a voice for children who face barriers to educational opportunity. Founded in 1969, MAC was one of the first child advocacy organizations in the nation, helping to support equal access to education for children, regardless of disability, race, ethnicity, language or income. MAC serves children throughout Massachusetts, running a free statewide helpline, conducting individual case advocacy, and also advocating for statewide laws and policies that protect the rights of children to equal educational and life opportunities. Our offices are located in downtown Boston, one block from the Downtown Crossing subway station and walking distance to South Station.
MASSACHUSETTS ADVOCATES FOR CHILDREN IS COMMITTED TO CREATING A DIVERSE WORK ENVIRONMENT AND IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted January 4, 2019