Massachusetts Advocates for Children
Job Posting: Temporary Data Conversion Specialist
Massachusetts Advocates for Children’s (MAC’s) mission is to remove barriers to educational and life opportunities for children and youth. MAC is seeking a Temporary Data Conversion Specialist to provide critical organizational support that will allow us to streamline our development activities and strategize donor communications to effectively advance our mission and advocacy. This position will report directly to the Communications Manager
Location and Hours:
The Temporary Data Conversion Specialist will work out of MAC’s main office located at 25 Kingston St. in Boston’s Downtown Crossing.
This is a full-time, temporary three month position. Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. Part-time for up to six months will be considered.
The Temporary Data Conversion Specialist will manage and implement the conversion process into MAC’s new CRM system (Salsa CRM). They will work in collaboration with the Communications Manager, Salsa CRM Implementation Specialist, and TLPI team to ensure that constituent data is organized and transferred in the most logical, efficient, and accurate way possible.
- Consolidate donor and supporter data from multiple databases
- Prepare data for import into new database
- Review errors in data and correct issues
- Import data into new Salsa CRM system
- Set up new CRM system in accordance with MAC’s needs, including identifying and creating data fields of interest to MAC team
The ideal candidate is an experienced, detail oriented data conversion professional with a deep understanding of relational databases and the ability to manage their own project assignments.
Other skills include:
- Strong logic and critical thinking ability
- Self-driven with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- At least 1-2 years of experience with data conversion
- At least 1-2 years of experience working with a relational database software (Salsa CRM preferred), preferably in a nonprofit setting
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
- Strong comfort with Microsoft Office suite
- Able to handle confidential information with high level of discretion and professionalism.
- Degree (or degree in progress) in computer science, math, or related field preferred
- Strong interest in the mission and work of MAC
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please email resume and cover letter to Zelshadai Solomon, Office Manager, at email@example.com with “Temporary Data Conversion Specialist – Your Name” in the subject line.
MASSACHUSETTS ADVOCATES FOR CHILDREN IS COMMITTED TO CREATING A DIVERSE WORK ENVIRONMENT AND IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER