Applications and information on the Waiver are now available on the DDS/Autism division website (and can also be found below). Open Enrollment forms from October 2015 are discarded at the start of the October 2016 open enrollment. Families must apply again during this open enrollment period to remain on the waitlist.
What is the Children’s Autism waiver?
- This crucial program allows MassHealth eligible children with autism to access effective treatments and services in their homes and communities.
- The program is limited to children between the ages of 0-8 who are Medicaid eligible and at risk of institutionalization now or at some point in the future
- Research demonstrates that children with autism who receive intensive in-home services can make substantial progress, and in some instances acquired skills within typically developing ranges, in areas of social skills, language acquisition, nonverbal communication, and reductions in challenging behaviors.
Key Information for Application Process:
- Applications are now available, see links below.
- Applications may also be found on the DDS Autism Division website & Autism Support Center websites.
- Applications for the Autism Waiver Program must have a postmark or email date: No earlier than Monday October 17, 2016 and no later than Monday, October 31, 2016
- Open Enrollment forms from October 2015 are discarded prior to the start of this October 2016 open enrollment. Therefore, you must apply again during this open enrollment period to remain on the waitlist.
Additional Information about the Children’s Autism Waiver Program is available on the Department of Developmental Services website. You can also contact 1‐888‐367‐4435 or email AutismDivision@state.ma.us. Information is also available through the Autism Support Centers.
Please share this important notice and application with any of your contacts who might be eligible, or who are providers to families who might be eligible.
Links to waiver notices and applications in multiple languages are posted in the table below.
|Language||Waiver Notice||Waiver Application|
|English||English Notice||English Application|
|Spanish||Spanish Notice||Spanish Application|
|Arabic||Arabic Notice||Arabic Application|
|Chinese||Chinese Notice||Chinese Application|
|French||French Notice||French Application|
|Haitian Creole||Haitian Creole Notice||Haitian Creole Application|
|Khmer||Khmer Notice||Khmer Application|
|Portuguese||Portuguese Notice||Portuguese Application|
|Thai||Thai Notice||Thai Application|
|Vietnamese||Vietnamese Notice||Vietnamese Application|
|Russian||Russian Notice||Russian Application|