DDS OPEN ENROLLMENT FOR THE WAIVER WILL OCCUR OCTOBER 17th – OCTOBER 31st, 2019
Applications and information on the Autism Waiver are now available on the DDS/Autism division website. Any enrollment forms submitted previously will be discarded. Families must apply again during this open enrollment period to remain on the waitlist.
Applications MUST be postmarked or emailed between October 17th and 31st
Important information on the Waiver:
- This crucial program allows MassHealth eligible children with autism to access intensive treatments and services in their homes and communities.
- The program is limited to children between the ages of 0-8 who are MassHealth eligible and at risk of residential placement now or at some point in the future.
- Eligible children are chosen for Autism Waiver services on a lottery basis and once chosen, receive intensive in-home therapies, services and supports for 3 years, or until the child reaches the age of 9. After 3 years the child is eligible for less intensive step-down services until age 9. The waiver also provides related support services such as community integration activities and respite.
- For the application, go to: https://www.mass.gov/lists/dds-autism-waiver-program-open-interest-period.
- Click this link to find your local Autism Center to get help filling out the application.
For more information contact Johanne Pino at email@example.com, or 617-357-8431 x3234
Please share this important notice and application with any of your contacts who might be eligible, or who are providers to families who might be eligible.